In light of the anti-SOGI protests happening across Canada, UBC School of Information (iSchool) stands in firm support of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community, both within the iSchool and beyond. As an academic community, we value fostering an inclusive space for staff, students, and faculty, and support teaching, research, and activism that enhance knowledge and understanding of sexual and gender minority communities. We denounce all forms of discrimination, hatred, violence, and oppression, and firmly believe there is no place for disinformation in society and at UBC.
- In case of an emergency or to report an incident of hate please contact 911. For safety and security planning or to report a non-emergency incident contact UBC Campus Security Vancouver (604 822 2222)
- For confidential advising on experience of harassment and discrimination, please contact the human rights team (604-827-1773) at the UBC Equity & Inclusion Office.
- Students can also access:
- Student Health Services at UBC Vancouver and UBC Okanagan;
- UBC Student Assistance Program (SAP), a 24/7 wellness resource for UBC students: UBC Vancouver (1-833-590-1328) and UBC Okanagan (1-833-590-1328);
- counselling support through the Student Counselling Services at UBC Vancouver (604-822-3811) or UBC Okanagan (250-807-9270).
- Employees can access counselling support through the Employee & Family Assistance Program (1-866-424-0770).
- Download the UBC Safe App for UBC Vancouver and/or UBC Okanagan.
If you have any specific concerns or questions regarding equity in the UBC iSchool, please use the Equity and Diversity Committee contact form.
– Erik Kwakkel, Director