Wednesday, November 29, 2023
12pm to 2pm
Registration is encouraged but not required. Please register for the event through the form at the bottom of the webpage.
Come show-off your best serve, rally, and footwork! For UBC’s Thrive, we are hosting our first ever iSchool Ping Pong Tournament to encourage a sense of belonging and provide a movement break to our community. All iSchool faculty, staff, and students are welcome to join.
This is a great chance to take a break from the end of term madness by playing some ping pong with other members of the iSchool community. We will also have resources available on mental health literacy for you to peruse while you wait to show off your moves at the ping pong table. Snacks will be provided, and fun prizes will be awarded to the top 3 contestants.
How the tournament will work:
- On the day of the event, please enter for the tournament at the registration table in the iSchool Gallery.
- There will be 3 tables for singles ping pong set-up. If you do not register with someone specific that you are playing against, we will match you up against someone.
- Each game will run for 10 minutes. You are responsible for keeping score of your own game and reporting it at the registration table at the end of the game.
- If nobody is queued up, you are able to play repeat games.
- The top 3 contestants who scored the most points in a single 10-minute game will win a fun prize.
- Laughter, having fun, and meeting new people are highly encouraged.