MAS and Dual students take this as part of the MAS core
Core courses in the MAS program can only be taken by students registered in the MAS program.
GOAL: The goal of this course is to provide students with the theoretical and methodological knowledge necessary for the management of current records.
- To provide an understanding of the principles and methods of creating and maintaining organizational records in the context of different traditions and different juridical systems.
- To provide an understanding of the theory, methods, and practices of records management as they apply to creating and maintaining records generated by contemporary organizations.
- To provide the intellectual framework with which to evaluate record-keeping practices in contemporary organizations.
- The evolution of records management practices in the context of different traditions and different juridical systems.
- Rules and standards related to the management of active and semi-active records.
- Activities involved in the records management function.
- Methods for creating, handling, and preserving active and semi-active records in the context of hybrid records systems.