Offered on an irregular basis; web delivery.
Offered face-to-face in 2016.
MLIS and Dual MAS/MLIS: completion of the MLIS core
MAS: completion of MAS core and permission of the iSchool Graduate Advisor
GOAL: This course examines social media (i.e. blogs, bookmarking, wikis, social networking sites), concomitant trends (i.e. web 2.0, library 2.0) and how web 2.0 principles can be applied to the delivery of information services in the digital age.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate familiarity in using social media in information-based organizations
- Apply social media to manage emerging challenges in information provision
- Discuss social media as a set of tools to raise awareness and promote services
- Identify the pros/cons of using social media
- Reflect critically on use of social media; trends and services
- Overview of web media
- Hands-on use of social software
- Library 2.0 information “best” practices
- Digital liaison, outreach, resource-sharing
- Group collaboration and sharing in social networks
- Learning environments
- Pros/cons of social media
On this page